to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Friday, May 18, 2012

T-Shirt Dress

Back in the day, anytime Mom would be seeing Rachel Jean, she would to love to wear the t-shirt with the larger-than-life silk screen of Big Bird on it.  Mom would pull the shirt over her head so then she would look like the big bird himself.  Rachel would squeal with laughter and Mom would repeat...again and again.  Recently Mom has been cleaning out.  I arrived for a visit and she gifted me with a shopping bag filled with her old t-shirt, now too big and worn for her to wear.  I couldn't think of taking the bag to the thrift store, this was THE Big Bird shirt.


I took the bag home and stored it away in my sewing room.  Lo and behold, the idea came.  Big Bird will live on, at least for a couple more seasons.





(Julie did her own poses.)



Love you Mom, more than words or repurposed t-shirts can say.

1 comment: