to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Friday, September 3, 2021

You Have to See This to Believe It, I'm Serious

I've got to rapid fire this blog post because I am overwhelmed with freakish emotion, so I'm going to give it to you quick and dirty...

Today is the 4th anniversary of Mom's death.
I was sitting on the back deck and called Juanita to reminisce about Mom.
As we talked of Mom, this happened...


At first I couldn't form words. Then this...

PA - Juanita? There's a bird on me.
Juan - What??
PA - There is a bird sitting on me.
Juan - (laughingly said) Well what??
PA - This bird just flew up and sat on me, it's hoping all over me.
Juan - Well, maybe she's trying to tell us to stop talking about her.



I was flabbergasted. 

I was talking with a dear friend last night, not realizing the next day would be September 3rd, and I mentioned that I rarely feel the presence of Mom. I figure she's busy making people laugh, maybe watching over others that need her protection, and she knows I'm ok so I don't feel her around much. Well today, she really put on a show.



Last night I came across a sweet little amethyst ring of Mom's and decided to use it as a toe ring.




I'd like to think Mom admires it, but I think she's probably judging me for toe rings being trashy or some other such nonsense she would have told me if she were living.







Buzz...


and Ziggy were speechless too.


The flitting, pecking, snuggling went on for an hour.




What a gift for today.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my Peggy! What an amazing and very special experience.

    ReplyDelete