to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This One Goes Out to Karla

Karla has inspired me to sew wee little dresses for wee little girls. I have finally gotten off my big mama behind and started. Although these are not the first dresses I have recently made, these are the two of which I am most fond.

Instead of gorging my self with ice cream at 8:30 last night, I whipped this little number out for Julie to wear to Mom's today. (Picture from in front of our town house)
I think I will make the next one a little longer

and tie the straps into bows instead of knotting.

This one is not finished yet (I need to do a tutorial on sewing on a curve to finish the arm holes...something that I could have easily asked Mom over the phone if it was four years ago, but today I can be satisfied with the HUGE smile and giggles from Mom when she sees her granddaughter dressed in a wee little something that her daughter made for her daughter. Did you follow the lineage of the dressmaker to the daughter to the mother?)

LOVE this combo of fabrics...reminds me of something Mom would whip out.


This is what I have so far for this next dress...now on to the tutorials so I can finish it tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment