to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Even More Most Wonderful Time

This Lil'Put was very excited to see her bro off to school.

(Mom's Big Bird t-shirt repurposed into a dress, Mom's fancy hat circa 1950's)


Yet two days later, it was her time to shine, her time to prepare for the big day...


Afternoon Pre-Kindergarten!

When I drove away, alone, from her school, I was giddy with freedom on my mind.

I passed through a wooded area.
I spotted a HUGE bird on the side of the road.
The bird took flight.
Directly in front of the van.
White head and tail feathers standing out like snow on the tar road.
Yes.
It was an EAGLE.
The symbol of FREEDOM.
FLYING IN FRONT OF MY VAN.
JUST AFTER I DROPPED LIL'PUT OFF AT SCHOOL.
Majestic.
Heavenly.
Awesome.

My two hours of freedom, I will appreciate them that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment