to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Thinker

Joseph, this boy, is always thinking.  I left the "bump medicine" in his room tonight to get a q-tip.  When I returned, I found this:
 
 
 
"Joseph, what will we do with this?"
 
"Mommy, dis can HELP you with the bump medicine."
 
 
 
Yup, he built a holder for the bottle.  No more fumbling with the bottle, putting it down, knocking it over.  Ready. Steady. Go. Genius.
 
He wanted to be sure he got in the picture, to show his idea,
 

then graciously moved aside so one can see the shape of the blocks he used.

 
 More and more, Joe reminds me of my dad.  Always thinking, asking questions, trying to figure it out, maybe try a new way to do something, or discover a way to just do the unknown.  When I mentioned to Dad in a past conversation that I thought Joe thought a lot like he does, his reply was something like:

"Oooohhhoooo," (Dad's jolly laughter when he is amused) "that boy is in for some trouble."


No comments:

Post a Comment