to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Sunday, January 1, 2012

Santa Drives a Toyota Tercel

It looked something like this one.


Driving home from Mom and dad's Christmas Eve, I approached an older model Toyota Tercel on my right.  Outside the window rested an arm clad in red velvet with white fur trim.  As I got closer, I realized it was the big man himself, beard, hat and all.  I slowed to match his pace and giggled to the kids "LOOK, it's SANTA!" 

Joe: whAT?!
Julie: Santa drive a CAR?
Joe: Where him GOING?  Look him WAVING!
Julie (waving and jiggling around as much as a 5 point harness will allow) HI SANTA! hi SANTA!!

I slowed a little more so Santa was next to the passenger side window.  I made the sign for thank you as I exaggerated saying it with my lips.  He nodded seriously, mouthing "Your welcome" then cracked a huge smile while saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS!".

Ahhh, the magic of Christmas, right there on route 81 south.  Not only did the kids get to see the big man chillin' in his hooptie before his big ride that night, but more importantly we were able to share some simple joy with another...that's livin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment