to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We Grew Some Carrots

Last spring I made a list of veggies we like to eat that we could grow in a garden.  We eat a lot of carrots, so why not grow some?  


We have had a great harvest, plenty for us to eat and to share.  I believe we have had so many in such a little space because Joseph was a tremendous help when planting the seeds (wee, tiny seeds...spread by the little boy fist full).  Dad once told me he had a hard time thinning out plants cause that means you are disposing of a perfectly good plant.  I feel the same way, so when the directions stated to thin out the plants, I couldn't imagine tossing those little sprouts aside...I let them grow as they were.  This resulted in some crowding in the short row. 

 Let's just say our carrots got a little close and personal. 

That's all I'm sayin', we try to keep this blog family friendly, ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment