to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Monday, October 18, 2010

The Quilt

We had a great visit yesterday at Mom and Dad's. We took some soup and spicy shrimp to share, Mike hung a lower bar in Mom's closet so she can reach her hanging clothes (how long since the stroke? That's a long time to be throwing your clothes on the floor), and we just overall listened to two under the age of three yell, scream and shriek and watched Dad climb the stairs for his "time out" from it all.

Mom, ever the avid sewer, is on the verge of completing her second quilt since the stroke. A dear friend Jean has been assisting Mom with maneuvering the mammoth project and supervising to make sure that all the squares line up. Mom seems to have enjoyed the process. Sorry to all you quilt-admirers...Mom claims she is keeping this one for her own bed...finally a quilt she will keep!

On another note, Dad made me aware that Mom has been perusing this blog. I must remember this as I muse about my adventures with the lady...I would hate for her to disapprove of my language or other such important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment