to your mother

THOUGHTS ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND LOVING A MOTHER...FROM A MOTHER OF TWO.







Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day in the Life

In no particular order...Joe got a hold of the camera...his abstract photos are throughout this post...
computer desk

Joe with his train, yes around the tree...how homey.

Just when I thought she was thinning out...

self portrait

Mama's leg

Joe squishing play dough, Julie jonesin' for a bite.

I wanted to get a picture of Joe with his shirt today. Note the look on his face when I asked him to show me his shirt...as if to say, "Come on, Woman, can't you see I'm trying to play dough?"


Joe wanted to take our picture.


Last week I wanted to clean out the ice cube tray. My thought process...I believe we pay for the water that goes down our drain and didn't want to pay to get rid of ice. A pair of gloves, a woolly hat and one deck later, we have a hands-on preschool experience...a little boy's dream.

Julie this A.M. after her strawberry bar. I tried to get a picture of her crying today (something different) and wasn't able to capture it on film.


Last week, Joe did some drawing. He then pointed to it and said "Doggie!" so I labeled it. He then pointed and said "Eyes!" and I labeled that. Later in the evening, Joe was showing his artwork to Mike and said "Doggie! Eyes!" How about that, a two year old retelling his "story". I'm a proud early-childhood-education-Mama!

Joe has recently started building and playing with toys appropriately (rather than throwing, chewing or kicking them). Here he is in action, building a garage for his cars. (When he finished, he promptly kicked it into a block/car-frenzied mess. No worries, he's still Joe.)

I almost deleted this picture from the ice play because Joe had a demented look on his face. I cropped it and like it.
Not much else going on here, except Joe continues to call "MAMA" through the monitor...I have no fear, maybe he will pass out soon...








1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel good to tell your daily stories and know people are reading them? You're not alone any longer. You are a wonderful story teller...short stories, long stories it doesn't matter you are awesome! You are a awesome Mommy too! Your Blog has put a huge smile on my face. You have given me a good laugh! I love you and by the way Joseph did a great job shooting those pictures!

    I love you so much it hurts!

    Love, Lucy

    ReplyDelete